Tenancy Cleaning Expectations
As part of a tenant’s leasing agreement, there is a superior standard of cleaning expectation to be maintained. These expectations will specifically be explained to you at time of signing your lease. To give you an idea of the standard of cleaning expectations, below are points:
- The property is to be kept reasonably clean, mark and scuff-free at all times which includes in general the walls, windows, flooring, skirtings, doors, doorways, light switches, power points, light fittings, and ceiling fans; along with the front and rear lawn and garden areas.
- All flooring throughout the property is to be regularly cleaned. Tiles require mould and grout cleaning, and carpets require professional steam cleaning on a regular basis of 6 to 12 months. Upon vacation of premises, a carpet cleaning receipt from a professional steam cleaner is required.
- All windows and window treatments are to be washed and dusted regularly. This includes window tracks, window sills, flyscreens and security screens.
- Fixtures such as air-conditioning units, dish washers, security alarms, etc, are to be kept clean and maintained in working condition as per the Ingoing Property Condition Report.
- Ventilation points throughout the home are to be kept clean and dust-free at all times. Build-up of dust will inhibit proper use of the ventilation points which may result in causing mould.